Karhoo releases open source Mobile SDK and Web Booker access to their Mobility Exchange platform.
Karhoo Mobility Exchange brings together ground transportation providers and major Travel & Hospitality brands around the world to create seamless mobility solutions for travellers.
Developers can use the Karhoo API to embed a white labeled comprehensive taxi booking experience into their ecommerce sites and mobile apps, including immediate requests and advanced booking, offers comparison, driver tracking and payment.
To make the integration work effortless and accelerate the go-to-market, Karhoo offers the following packaged access products for developers:
- Karhoo Network SDK: a collection of API-integrated components simplifying the integration of Karhoo into your mobile flows in iOS and Android apps by conveniently encapsulating access to the Karhoo APIs, always keeping up to date with the latest iterations of the Karhoo Platform.
- Karhoo UI SDK: a generic booking flow for mobile (request entry, offers display and selection, payment pre-authorisation, driver arrival and journey tracking) that can be customised for your brand’s colours, logo and font. With only a few lines of code, this flow can be implemented in any iOS and Android app. To embed the flow into your own, this SDK provides custom screen routing and deep linking of booking information to guide your customers through the process with ease, keeping it native to your look and feel. Watch SDK demo the video
- Karhoo Traveller Source: a generic booking flow for web applications, similar to the UI SDK for mobile. Traveller Source is customisable with the brand’s colours, logo and CSS, and can be used as a standalone microsite or embedded into an existing website with optional deep linking support.
Karhoo’s goal is to release these access products as full open source for the benefit of brands and developers.
Doing so ensures:
- Free, open and robust solutions to create seamless mobility services on web and mobile, that are continuously being tested to ensure quality of service when you need it the most.
- A guarantee that the solution constantly evolves, maintaining a state-of-the-art booking experience through contributions from the most renowned Travel & Hospitality brands in the world.
Today Karhoo are happy to announce that they’ve made the first steps in this journey towards full open source access products
We are releasing the following components on Github:
- Karhoo Network SDK: Check out the developer documentation to learn how to develop with the Network SDK, and visit the GitHub repos to access source code: Swift iOS Network SDK and Kotlin Android Network SDK
- TypeScript Traveller Source deep link: Check out the code sandbox to see it in action, and visit the GitHub repos to access the source code
Additional documentation is available on our developer portal.
Over the next few months Karhoo expects to push even further with open sourcing so watch this space for news coming in 2020.
The next wave of digitisation does not require to establish your own online service. It’s about allowing automated brokering on your website and enjoying passive revenues. This way, any online business can now offer chauffer services without owning a vehicle!
Bummelbus is a Demand-Responsive Transport service operated by Forum pour l’Emploi (The Employment Forum) in Luxembourg. The service covers over 39 districts across the…
Global mobility platform Karhoo is delighted to announce a new partnership with transfer comparison site hoppa. Under the terms of the partnership, hoppa.com customers will benefit from the global reach of…