KARHOO FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORT
With Karhoo Pool, Public transport authorities and operators can offer a better and more cost efficient on-demand bus service to citizens while reducing congestion and pollution.
- Display the route
- Notify of dynamic changes
- Communicate with HQ
- Real time ride pooling
- Optimisation across drivers
- Alternative pick up proposition
ANALYSE MILES & REVENUE
- Real time supervision and alerts
- Driver management
- Customer support and CRM
Karhoo Pool comes with a white label (i.e. that can be fully customised with your logo and colours) mobile application offering a state-of-the-art booking experience available in several languages for passengers, including:
- Booking – Departure and destination, number of passengers, desired time of departure (incl. as soon as possible) or desired time of arrival
- Tracking – Real time vehicle visualisation on a map and updated estimated pick-up and drop-off times
- Informing – Passengers get notifications about their trip by push (inside the app) and by email / SMS
Karhoo Pool also offers APIs to seamlessly implement the above features within an existing MaaS application.
People who don’t possess a smartphone can book through a web portal and will receive email and SMS notifications as the vehicle approaches.
Intuitive and easy app to facilitate your drivers’ work:
- Detailed view of full route and intermediate stops
- Real time notification if the next stop has changed
- Automatic status change depending on driver geolocation
- Chat with office staff in case of incident or significant delay
- Integration of Waze navigation
A powerful optimization engine, based on state-of-the-art algorithms:
Ride pooling between several passengers to optimize vehicles’ route
Ability to mix booking and immediate requests thanks to a dynamic planning construction
Suggestion of alternative pick up times to passenger if no vehicle is available for the requested time
Route and estimated arrival time calculation based on traffic conditions
Dispatch supervision/monitoring in real time
Vehicle tracking on map in real time
Actual vs planning analysis
Automatic re-dispatch in case of delay
Alerts to anticipate operational issues
Accept rides according to your criteria
- Manual or automated pick-up and drop-off points
- Define zones of service and “corridors”
- Define time table and types of ride allowed
Grand Duché du Luxembourg – BummelBus
Since 2019, Karhoo Pool has been helping the Forum pour l’emploi operate its on-demand transport service. Bummelbus is a DRT service intended to facilitate the movement of residents in the rural region of northern Luxembourg. With more than 1,000 journeys per day over an area of more than 2,000 square km, it is one of the most in demand DRTs in Europe.
Grand Paris Seine & Oise – Tamy
Tamy is a zonal DRT service, in the town of Mantes-la-Jolie in the Yvelines. Since 2019, in partnership with RATP Dev, Karhoo Pool has enabled users to book their journeys via a mobile application available on iOS and Android.
Annemasse – TAC
Proxi TAC (DRT service) and Handi TAC (Dial A Ride service), both operated by RATP Dev, are the two on-demand services in the city of Annemasse. Karhoo Pool allows the pooling of vehicles for the two services, while keeping the constraints specific to each type of passenger. People with reduced mobility benefit from door-to-door service and DRT passengers use the stop to stop service while in the same vehicle.